Derrick has over 11 years of experience as a lighting consultant. He is a dedicated and driven consultant with an excellent balance of skills in project management, technical / creative expertise and client liaison. Derrick has successfully delivered numerous large-scale projects across a number of sectors including; Commercial Buildings, Heritage, Museum / Gallery, Civic, Research / Education, Retail and Transport.
Derrick pursues a work environment that strives to produce creative and technically innovative design solutions, one that shares a passion for light and the role it plays in the built environment and seeks to have a progressive and open approach while defining the highest standard of design. He believes lighting should facilitate the coordination of services with the architecture allowing for more visually appealing functional spaces.
Derrick's key specialist areas include;
- Project Management
- Technical and Creative aspects of Lighting Design
- Client Liaison
- Innovative Design Solutions
- International Association of Lighting Designers (Associate)
- IESANZ NSW Chapter Management Committee 2012 - 2014
- Master of Design Science (Illumination Design)
- Master of Design Science (Sustainable Design)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering