The Wagga Stage 3 Hospital Redevelopment provides Sub Acute services and comprise of the following departments;
- 28 Aged Care Beds, 4 dedicated beds for Acute Delirium;
- 24 Rehabilitation beds, inpatient therapy and ADL facilities;
- 24 bed Older Person’s Mental Health Inpatient Unit, 8T-BASIS beds;
- 20 chair Renal Dialysis Unit and 4 training chairs;
- Ambulatory Clinics, Rehabilitation and Allied Health;
- Primary and Community Health, Outpatients, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol, and Oral Health services;
- An education area with a library, conference rooms and lecture theatre;
- Extended Hours Services including Hospital in the Home, Integrated Care, Rapid Assessment Clinic, After Hours GP, and Infusions using 1O treatment spaces and 6 consultation rooms and shared support areas with renal dialysis; and
- Workforce and office accommodation will be provided for staff associated with Stage 3, refined through New Ways of Working.
The project was procured through a Design Finalisation & Construct Methodology. LCI were engaged by the successful Main Contractor CPB to both challenge the incumbent design and peer review the selected Sub Contractors documentation throughout design finalisation and construction administration. ESD services were provided in a full capacity.
Throughout Part 5 Contract Documentation, LCI provided alternate cost effective solutions to enhance the existing incumbent design without affecting the architecture or clinical planning. In a peer review capacity, LCI are responsible for ensuring the sub contractors design finalisation & installation is in accordance with both Health Design Guidelines / Policy alongside Building Legislation.
LCI’s cost effective solutions were adopted by Health Infrastructure and carried forward in to the design finalisation stage. The project is currently in construction and due for completion on time and in budget.