The NSW Government has committed to building a new 30,000 seat rectangular stadium at Parramatta on the site of the existing Pirtek Stadium, which will be one of the major sporting and entertainment venues for Sydney.
The scope of the project also includes the demolition of Pirtek Stadium and Parramatta Swimming Centre to enable the works for the new stadium which will be known as the Western Sydney Stadium (WSS).
WSS will be operated by Venues NSW and the design objective is to provide;
- A multi-use people’s venue;
- A venue which is operationally efficient and economically sustainable;
- The best value for money outcome for the state of NSW;
- Incorporate environmentally sustainable and responsible development principles;
- Design which supports land uses and complements wider Parramatta city areas; and
- Design solutions which facilities future emerging technologies.
LCI Consultants were engaged in conjunction with CSI (Construction Services and Infrastructure) to carry out an Independent Commissioning Agent role to act as an independent representative acting on behalf of Lendlease to oversee and manage the successful commissioning process, responsible for overall planning, supervision and witnessing of the results of the integrated commissioning of all installed building services systems for the project advising to the project team from the beginning of schematic design through to the completion of building tuning and re-commissioning, interacting with the team throughout all stages.